We aspire to bring the most out of the many possibilities that we have to offer.
We support our treatments with Virtual Reality (VR). VR is a technology where you put on a headset (Oculus Rift). This device has two lenses on
the inside that project simulations. Your mind will partially process these simulations as real, so that you have the feeling as if you’re truly
in the situation that you’re seeing.
It is important for us that you feel comfortable. We have strict rules regarding the amount of virtual reality that you receive, but also
the kind of simulations that you experience. For any kind of problem, we can offer a variety of programs of different levels of intensity. Depending
on where you are in your therapy, we make a decision in this together.
Before and after the treatment, we offer traditional therapy. The form of this therapy depends on your needs and goals.
The use of Virtual Reality in mental health care has become more and more common throughout the years, with many scientifically proven and positive
results. It’s shown that the use of VR improves the effifiency of traditional therapy by 40%, and that therapeutic goals are achieved much faster.
In the begininning, problems were mostly about very specific fears and phobia, but more and more programs were being developed. Nowadays, we have
programs that are also developed for treatments for aggressive behaviour, stress related problems and empathy trainings.
METHOD PER PROBLEM
- For people with identity problems, we offer schema therapy and person centered therapy. Virtual reality can also support these two therapy methods when possible. You can think of improving your mood, practicing behavioural skills, emotional regulation and strengthening self-confidence.
- cognitive behavioral therapy and schema therapy are often used as a treatment for addiction. Virtual reality can help with these therapies to practice with what you learn during traditional therapy, so that the effects will last longer.
- When you experience stress related problems or psychological trauma, you could benefit from schema therapy or EMDR. In case you want to learn ways to deal with stressful situations, we offer VR programs that let you practice with specific activities, coping strategies, or programs that offer you sensations of safety and relaxation.
- Fear or issues regarding low self-esteem we treat with coaching and cognitive behavioural therapy. For this, we have VR programs that treat a wide (and growing) variety of fears. For example, you can think of a VR program for fear of heights where a client is asked to try and enjoy a good view rather than be overwhelmed by the intimidating heights. Knowing that virtual reality is not actual reality, makes this easier to achieve.
- Problems with aggression, we treat using schema therapy or cognitive behavioural therapy. We can offer VR-programs that help you deal with human behaviour in a proper manner. It is also a means to help you learn how to control your temper and comfort yourself during tense situations.
- Both AD(H)D and autism-related problems are often treated with cognitive behavioural therapy and coaching. Virtual reality can also be of help here. You can think of learning how to cope with situations that normally feel very demanding. VR can also help you learn to be your own source of peace and comfort.
METHOD FOR VIRTUAL REALITY THERAPY
When VR methods are being used, your therapist will keep you aware of the safety reality you actually stand in, so that we can get the most out of the treatments. It can be perceived as quite a mental investment. When desired, we can also use VR purely for a mentally relaxing effect – sort of like a cooling down. You can think of swimming with dolphins or peaceful, natural environments.
SERVICES IN REHABILITATION
Beside offering psychological help, Malintis also works in rehabilitation programs, in association with Mijnreclassering.